The Dungog Showgirl winner will compete in the Group 3, Hunter River Zone (comprising Bulahdelah, Cessnock, Dungog, Gosford, Gresford, Maitland, Merriwa, Morisset, Muswellbrook, Newcastle, Singleton, Stroud). The winner of Zone goes on to compete at Sydney.
The Competition is open to those who are permanent residents of Australia.
1. Entrants must be women aged from 18 years to under 25 years as at 1 May in the year of the State Final.
2. Entrants must reside, be educated, or work within New South Wales for at least three months prior to their local Showgirl Competition to qualify to compete within the State.
3. Only candidates nominated by an Agricultural Show Society are eligible for Zone and State Final judging.
4. Previous entrants in the Showgirl Competition are eligible to enter however they are not to have been one of the 1st, 2nd or 3rd placegetters in a previous State Final.
5. The following people are not eligible to enter the Showgirl Competition:
i. Staff, Delegates and Councillors of both the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) and Agricultural Societies Council of NSW (ASC).
ii. The daughters of the Staff, Delegates and Councillors of the RAS.
6. Winning entrants who are employed or engaged in full time studies will be required to obtain a leave of absence to attend Zone and State Final Judging.
7. Where possible, it is preferred that a Showgirl entrant and Rural Achiever nomination is not represented in both competitions during the same year. This will only affect the Showgirl Competition should the entrant be successful in reaching the State Final and subsequently if the Rural Achiever candidate becomes one of the eight Finalists. A winner in both competitions is unable to represent both Showgirl and Rural Achievers at the Sydney Royal Easter Show as the competitions are run consecutively.
8. The winning Showgirl is requested, where possible, to represent the RAS, ASC and their local Show Society at agricultural shows.
9. The State Final Judging will take place in Sydney from (tba) and conclude with the State Final Presentation on tba). Finalists will be guests of the RAS whilst in Sydney, but will be required to pay their own travelling expenses to and from Sydney.
10. The winner of the State Final and 2nd Placegetter will be asked to remain in Sydney as guests of the RAS until (tba). Other finalists may leave Sydney on the evening following the ASC Reception (All Finalists must attend the ASC Reception – date to be advised).
11. All entrants are to abide by the Showgirls Code of Conduct, as set out by the RAS and the ASC, when acting as an ambassador for RAS, ASC or their local Show Society.